If the windows on your home are in need of replacement, don’t forget to consider the option of adding awning windows to your home when making your decision. These simply designed but easy to open windows are an ideal fit for certain settings in your house. In window openings that are wider than they are tall, the awning window design is ideal. The amount of light they allow in and the clean visual lines they provide make awning replacement windows a great choice in the right setting, so be sure to discuss your options with designers and installation professionals when reviewing your selection of awning windows Houston.
- Beveled exterior sash imparts style and dimension while creating the appearance of a larger glass area
- Precision engineered hinge system allows easy operation from inside the home
- Dual point locking system provides a tight seal and increased energy efficiency
- Multiple lite configurations available in a single mainframe
- Combine awning windows with fixed lites to conveniently add ventilation
Benefits of Awning Windows
The awning style window is opened by a very simple mechanism. A single window, hinged at the top, is opened via crank to push out the bottom sash. This tilting action allows in air through the bottom gap and the angled gaps at the sides of the window. The crank mechanism features a push bar located at the bottom of the window, limiting the distance the window can be opened and holding it secure.
- Specific Uses – This window style is an ideal fit in many situations. For example, if the windows in your home are small, an awning replacement window will allow an unobstructed field of vision, as there are no sashes to block your view of the outside environment such as the sashes found on single and double hung windows.
- Impact of Weather – If your local climate includes a great deal of rain or other precipitation, awning windows are less likely to allow water into your home when open, as the angle of the open window will direct rain away from your house.
- Ease and Convenience – If you or anyone in your home struggles with any physical challenges or a simple lack of height, reaching and lifting a single or double hung window can be a frustrating challenge. The crank action used to open these replacement windows is located at the bottom of the frame and can easily be accessed.
- Security – In addition, the security inherent in awning replacement windows is well worth considering. The crank action creates a controlled gap at the bottom of the window, and the push bar serves as a barrier to any person or animal that may be interested in accessing your home.
Similar in style, the casement window is also a singled hinged window that opens with a crank, but the casement window opens on the side rather than the top. Casement windows are more vulnerable to extreme weather conditions such as gusty winds, but offer a better seal than most awning style windows. Also, it is important to note that the awning design cannot be cleaned from the inside, so they are recommended for first floor installation only.
Easy access to light, an unobstructed view of the outside world and fresh air are just a few of the great reason to consider installing the awning style of replacement windows. Discuss this useful window style and many other options when making your decision with the help of awning windows Houston.
Entrust awning windows are available in a full selection of luxurious hues and warm woodgrains to enhance the appearance of your home – both inside and out. Exterior colors feature a cutting-edge polyurethane coating technology with heat-reflective pigments for a remarkably strong, fade-resistant and highly weatherable finish that’s easy to clean. Our interior laminate finishes are precision-engineered for outstanding durability that maintains its attractive appearance over the life of the product. Together, this innovative design collection delivers the perfect fusion of style and strength.
Interior grids add style and balance to the appearance of your windows. All grids are enclosed within the insulated glass unit for easy cleaning.
Choose cut or polished V-grooved glass for a subtle touch of elegance.
Tools and Resources
Please find these manuals and tools available for you to download onto your desktop. These tools will help you make informed decisions about buying our replacement windows and doors. All warranty information is available in these manuals.